Wednesday 15 June 2011

Battles on the Noob front!

  So as promised I'll recant my battles from this Monday's club games.  My first game was against RRR who brought a menancing Menoth force to bear against Stryker.  Our lists were as follows:
  • pStryker
  • Thunderhead
  • Swordknights with UA
  • Eiryss
  • Field Mechanics
  • Journeyman Warcaster
  • Hunter
RRR on the other hand had:
  •  Grand Scrutator Severius
  • Reckoner
  • Vanquisher
  • Knights Exemplar
  • Flameguard Cleansers
  • Choir
  • Vassal
  • Wracks
The game itself was over quickly, with the first round going to RRR as he destroyed my Swordknights.  The second and final round went to myself when an unsuspecting Scrutator was electrocuted multiple times by a snipe embued Thunderhead.  All in all it was a pretty cheap trick and one that will only ever work once I think.

  In case you're wondering my force was nothing like the one I posted simply because the parts I want haven't arrived yet from Maelstrom which makes me a sad panda. 

  The second game I played against.... who else but pStryker!  Keith, a 40k mastermind was dabbling in Cygnar since no-one had brought 40k (boo!).  The match was a tense affair, with both lists bashing away at each other.  In the end I failed an assassination attempt, then Keith failed an assassination attempt.  Finally with advice from Keith regarding positioning and from Pat regarding shooting your own troops in the back, Stryker killed Stryker and victory was mine... just!

  All in all both games were awesome and the tricks I learnt were as follows: 
  1. No one expects the Thunderhead ranged attack since he is famed for his AoE burst.
  2. You can shoot your own models, and its preferable to do so in the back (I was honestly shocked!)
  3. If using a Defender for shooting, it only ever, ever, ever needs 2 focus! 
  Thanks to everyone for the help and advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment